The Acid Jazz Channel

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Displays I Lust For and Can't Afford

(Some of the links in this post are sponsored.)

I currently have about 68 dollars in my pocket but that doesn't mean that I can't dream of buying a really nice flat panel television to watch all my, in all probability illegal, youtube clips.







Here are the specs right here:

ByDsign is releasing a budget priced flat-panel plasma display. The 50-inch plasma display features a 1366x768 resolution, 1,000:1 contrast ratio, 1,000cd/m2 brightness, stereo speakers with SRS, and two HDMI ports. ByDsign has also integrated the "DCDi" microchip, which enhances image quality by reducing those rotten jaggy edges. ByDsign's 50-inch plasma display is on the market now for the low price of $2,948.


Oh, I'm only 2800 dollars off, or so. At the rate I'm going I should have the money for this by 2525. When that happens and Earth is a wondrous tech paradise , ruled by either the Vorlons or the Vulcans, I will need an installer that I would define as a great resource for installing my big screen lcd or plasma television, which I will one day buy in my imaginary alternate lifetime. But I just wouldn't go to any installer to install the wonderful dream television that I will probably never own, I would use the best home theater installation company.

I prefer a professional installer as opposed to my unprofessional imaginary friend Jaco who would probably drop my fantasy flat screen several times and then claim that its the product that was "bad". And I wouldn't have a Circuit City or a Big Box store do it partly out of spite and partly out of professionalism.

Of course, how would I afford the very capable install if I can't afford the tv. Its what they call a conundrum. This has been yet another episode of "Displays I Lust For and Can't Afford".

No comments: