The Acid Jazz Channel

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Why the Future Beats the Past or Why I Use Pay Per Post

When I began my writing career a very very long time ago in the early 80s you didn't have a lot of options in terms of publishing or places that you could publish. Here in Pittsburgh what that meant is that if I wanted to be paid for writing then I had to write for the Pittsburgh Press, the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and perhaps the alternative weekly In Pittsburgh. That was it. My other option was chalk and sidewalk. Or perhaps hundreds of pages that would be written into a diary that no one would find or read and that I would probably misplace.

Now, if you're an aspiring writer, there's this thing called the Internet. There are so many ways to make money that I've lost track. Don't get me wrong it's not easy. Like anything worthwhile, you have to put a substantial amount of time and energy into it, but at least you have the opportunity. One of those opportunities involves the pay for blogging phenomena and one of the services I use is payperpost. Now, I confess, I can't afford a mansion by the sea from doing these posts but I can make a living while I write things that I find personally valuable and interesting. It's one of the very cool things about living in the future and makes writing in 2008 a whole lot better than writing in 1985. And the real cool part is that no one is stopping you from attempting to drive traffic to the site and make a living.









No comments: